Panch Pokhari Trekking
trekking to Panch pokhari- literally five ponds-is one of the important tourist destination in Sindhupalchowk district. Lying northeast of Kathmandu on the lap of Dorje Lakpa Himal, the place is an important pilgrimage site for Hindus. It is in ninth position(4100 m) in the column of wetland situated at the highest altitude of the world.
Panch Pokhari derives its name from five holy ponds – Surya Kunda, Bhairav Kunda, Ganesh Kunda, Nag Kunda and Saraswati Kunda. These points are also the originating points of the Indrawati river – one of the important tributaries of the mighty Sapta Koshi River.
Apart from these pristine lakes of Panch pokhari trekking, the place is famous for magnificent views of mountains like Ganesh Himal, Yangri Himal, Dorje Lakpa Himal, Madiya, phurba and Gauri Shankar.it is the base of the jugal Himalayan range.
Similarly, the 179- year old building – locally known as haveli – built by kaji Ranbir Singh Thapa is another attraction to the area. The place wears festive look during the Janai Purnima festival when hundreds of people reach the holy place to offer their prayers to Lord Shiva.
the greatest water supply of Kathmandu valley; Melamchi falls in the way back to the valley. The place is also reached in flora and fauna. About 200 species of wildlife, including the endangered Red panda, And 350 species of flora have been recorded in the area: rhododendron, oak and juniper forest is the major vegetation.
The culture and lifestyle of Tamang and Hyolmo people are the other attraction to the area. Ancient caves and waterfalls are also the major attraction there.
For Panch Pokhari Trekking you have to drive from Kathmandu to Tipeni. The trek of two days from haveli, which can be reached on the first day, takes visitors to the holy site. The Panchpokhari trek can also be done through Chautara- the district headquarter of Solukhumbu district. The other alternative way to reach the area is through Helambu.
- Save Now, Travel Later with Unlimited Date Changes
- Amazing Itinerary with all activities included
- Discover Ancient Temples and fascinating culture
- Sleep overnight on Floating Bungalows
- Explore tropical islands and party on the beach!
- Awesome Group Leader
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more youMake your adventure more you - Self join
Enjoy a tour with like minded people - Anyone can join
Travel with your group - Only your circle join
The Panch pokhari trek initially starts from the Kathmandu in the bus rides of 4 hours to the Chautara (1418 m) east hills from the valley.
Day 02 :
The walking day starts from Chautara. In the first day as a warm-up, we trek just for 4 hours up the altitude of 2440 m, Ratanaule.
Day 03 :
The elongated trek from Ratanaule to the Saddle Kharka (3315 m) passes through typical Tamang and Hyolmos village. The trek lasts for 6.25 hrs trek.
In the mid of our journey of Panch pokhari trekking we pass through the 174-year-old building locally called as the haveli. The trek up to the Nasimpati which is situated at the altitude of 3615 m. the duration of trek s just 6 and half hour long.
Day 05 :
The day to excurse Panchpokari situated at the height of 4010 meters. The trek starts from Nasimpati and lasts for 3.25 hours. And the stay at Panchpokhari.
Day 06 :
The rush to descend down hits here. The long day to trek starts with the heavy breakfast with the view of the sacred lakes. The 11 hrs long trek reaches up to the Saddle Kharka same way back to the trail.
Day 07 :
The last day of the journey and the long way to trek to the initial point Chautara. It takes about 12 hours to trek down. On the way back, we can short hike to the Melamchi.
- We provide you the bed and breakfast. Accommodation will be shared by two people. However, you can book for the single room with extra charge.
- The overland transport will be held on tourist coach as per the itinerary and size of the group.
- The applicable fee for the Trekking, National Park and Conservation center will be covered.
- We offer you a welcome group dinner
- The wages, meals, and transportation of our trekking staff (guide) will be arranged.
- We also have included a comprehensive medical kit and service of guide.
- Pick-up/Drop from/to the airport.
- The visa fee you would have to pay for travel, medical insurance and airport tax.
- The meals of your personal interest will not be offered in our expense.
- We would also not provide personal sleeping bags and bags.
- The charge applied in case of emergency evacuation by any means of transport would not be included.
- The charge for accommodation in Kathamndu in you early arrival before the trip will not be included and also the late departure. Moreover, the early departure from trek will also not included in our expense.
- We also don’t include the cost of international flights.
- The trip doesn’t offer the travel and rescue insurance.
- We also don’t include the phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra poter etc.
- We also don’t offer tips for guides and porters, you can give them yourself if you like to give.
Trek start dates
- 1st Group: 1st of every month
- 2nd group: 15th of every month
Make An Inquiry
Fill the form for more details
Related Tour Packages
Chitwan Jungle safari in Nepal Chitwan is one of the 77 districts of Nepal and one of the top tourism destinations of the country. It is not wrong to say that Chitwan is the capital of the Jungle safari in Nepal. The country in the Himalayas is covered in forest in...
Maha Shivaratri Religious days and festivals are an integral part of every religion. Every religion has a specific day where they celebrate their religion or important event that had happened in their mythology. Some celebrate with ceremonies and rituals while others...
The Risky zone of Himalayas In Nepal For Trekkers Let us talk about the risky zone of Himalayas. In the HKH area, hydroclimatic risks can negatively affect the lives and livelihoods of a vast number of people. Even though climate change is just one of many factors in...
Rani Mahal is the crown jewel of the Palpa district of Nepal. The palace was made by Khadga Samsher Rana in memory of his beloved wife. Rani Mahal is extremely beautiful. The beautiful design of the palace with the taste of the western architecture combined with the...
Nepal is a country that is filled with forests in most of the parts. Except in the high mountains the country has forests all over it. It has various types of forests which people use for various purposes. Forests are the treasure of nature gifted to humans. From...
There are many amazing trekking trails in Nepal. The country has mountainous topography and is filled with mountains and hills in most of its region. The hills and mountains create the best trekking trails which the country is famous for. From east to west the country...