13 Days Jomsom Yoga Trek
Something is alluring about the Annapurna region which is yet to be deciphered. This region boasts a plethora of treks and the most frequented one, is no doubt the 13-days Jomsom yoga trek. This trek shall take you above and beyond the wilder regions of Nepal all the while providing you a sense of direction and awakening.
Jomsom yoga trek initiates from Pokhara and shall take you on a milestone of a journey. This trek sees you conquer the steep ascents from Ghorepani and later into the windy roads of Kagbeni. The route is filled with gorgeous backdrops of snow-laden Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, and Tukuche. Walk past Gurung and Thakali settlements and comprehend the meaning of life in these silent parts. Find tranquility in the Muktinath premises and blend a bit of yoga and meditation to truly highlight the meaning behind this trek.
Witness the beauty of nature and comprehend the balance existing between man and nature by taking this trek.
Factual Statements of Jomsom Yoga trek
- Terrain Type: Hills and mountains
- Location: Kaski, Manang, Mustang
- Difficulty Level: moderate to difficult
- Time Needed: 13 days
- Max Altitude: 3710 meters
- Religions: Hinduism and Buddhism
- Local Residents: Gurung, Brahmin, Chhetri
- Transportation: bus and airplane
- Visiting the religious Muktinath temple
- Exploring the quaint Dhumba lake in Jomsom
- Boating in the serene waters of Fewa and Begnas
- Traversing the silent corners of the Annapurna region
- Witnessing cinematic views of the Annapurna mountain range, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri
- Relaxing in the balmy waters of Tatopani
Food and Accommodation
The final aspect of the trek takes place in the rural parts of the Annapurna region and here, you will reside in teahouses. These are run by locals and are comparatively cheaper. In the city, you will stay in lodges and hotels. The accommodation is equipped with all the facilities in modern areas whereas you won’t find such in rural parts. Fancy cuisine is unavailable in villages so you have to carry it along with you during the trek.
Day 01: Arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu (1300m)
Once you arrive at the Tribhuvan International Airport, you will meet our representative and he will transfer you to your hotel. You will travel in a company vehicle and along the way, he shall brief you regarding the contents of the trip. Interact with the guides and porters at the hotel and enjoy a lavish welcome dinner. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Fly to Pokhara (823m) and trek to Birethanthi (900m)
The trek shall commence from today. You will also be starting your morning yoga session. This is done to make the body durable and strong while trekking. Once it is over, you shall fly to Pokhara. The flight takes about 45 minutes and it provides a staggering display of mountains enveloping the Annapurna region. Gather your necessities at the airport and head out for Nayapul with your guide. From here, we shall walk through the forested trails to reach the resting point Birethanti.
Complete the meditation session to call it a day. Overnight in Birethanti.
Day 03: Trek from Birethanti to Ghorepani (2750m)
We shall head out to the high hill from today. But first, we must complete the mandatory yoga session. Our journey sees us traverse along the Burundi Khola which later turns steep. The path here is prone to wildlife. Ghorepani is a crucial campsite for traders and travelers alike. Reside in a nearby lodge and take part in the evening meditation session to heighten your senses. Overnight in Ghorepani.
Day 04: Trek from Ghorepani to Tatopani (1190m)
The morning provides us tantalizing pictures of the Annapurna mastiff along with the ridges of Dhaulagiri. We shall practice yoga by observing it. Once it is done, we shall walk on a descending trail into Sikha village and later to the Ghar Khola bridge. Enjoy the local lunch and finally arrive at Tatopani. There are hot springs nearby which are believed to possess healing properties. Take a dip here after completing the meditation session. Overnight in Tatopani.
Day 05: Trek from Tatopani to Ghasa (2110m)
Relish at the sight of typical Gurung breakfast and breeze through the yoga session before heading out in the silent parts of the Annapurna region. As we venture along the trails, the Kali Gandaki river accompanies us. Admire the beauty of the waterfall, Rupse Chhahara to arrive at Ghasa. There are small settlements here and this place is comparatively warmer. It will be easier to practice meditation here too. Overnight in Ghasa.
Day 06: Head to Marpha (2680m)
The trail becomes comparatively steeper and difficult from today. Lucky for you, the morning yoga sessions will help you to navigate through them easily. Follow the Lete Khola and walk on its eastern parts to arrive at Larjung village. At Marpha, admire the delightful apple orchards and eat some. The apple orchards can be your meditation hub too. Overnight in Marpha.
Day 07: Trek from Marpha to Kagbeni (2810m)
Finish the yoga session and head out to the quaint section of the Annapurna region. Walk on a steep ridge that gradually leads to Jomsom village. Here, you can see ancient gompas and monasteries. As we cross the Eklebhatti village, we arrive at Kagbeni. There are numerous monasteries and ancient relics that are worthy of a visit. As it is windy, we shall hold the meditation session indoors. Overnight in Kagbeni.
Day 08: Trek from Kagbeni to Muktinath (3710m)
Admire the gorgeous view of Annapurna, Nilgiri, and Tukuche from Kagbeni and complete the yoga session. Get your permits sorted and head upstream of the Kaligandaki River. Follow the route to Shingar and finally arrive at Muktinath. It is a sacred place for Hindus and Buddhists. This temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and witnesses thousands of visitors. Add a holy ambiance while meditating near the temple premises. Overnight in Muktinath.
Day 09: Trek from Muktinath to Jomsom (2715m)
Once you conclude the yoga session, you will head to the temple to take part in the puja. Bathe in its many taps and feel the serenity. Have breakfast and then proceed to Jomsom. We shall use the same path as used before. Along the way, admire cinematic views of the Annapurna mountains. Upon arrival in Jomsom, purchase souvenirs and practice meditation. Overnight in Jomsom.
Day 10: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara
Trek from Muktinath to Jomsom (2,715m)
The morning view from Jomsom is simply amazing. Enjoy a hot brewed tea and amazing views of the mountains from here. After finalizing the yoga session, head out to Pokhara. Instead of the bus, we shall take a short route, i.e. by an airplane. The journey provides us amazing pictures of frosty mountains and the flight is refreshing. Upon arrival in Pokhara, take part in a sightseeing trip. At night, explore the Lakeside area and complete the meditation session. Overnight in Pokhara.
Day 11: Pokhara valley sightseeing and fly to Kathmandu
Pokhara valley has so much to offer and today, we shall explore its many antiquities. Our sightseeing trip comprises of boating in the Fewa lake, Begnas lake, and heading out to the Davis Falls and Gupteshwor Mahadev cave. In the evening, we shall fly back to Kathmandu where you will take a much-deserved rest. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 12: Kathmandu valley sightseeing
Another day of sightseeing awaits us today. We shall head out to visit the major UNESCO World Heritage Sites which have high religious importance. We will explore sites like Pashupatinath, Swoyambhunath, and Boudhanath. Once the sightseeing trip is over, we shall head to the hotel where you will enjoy a delightful farewell dinner. Overnight in Kathmandu.
We will practice Pranayam and Meditation in the evening.
Day 13: Final Departure
Today is your final day in Nepal and our representative will drop you off at the airport for your final departure. We hope that you had a wonderful time with us and we wish to see you again.
Things included in the package
- We provide you the bed and breakfast. Accommodation will be shared by two people. However, you can book for the single room with extra charge.
- We will also bear the cost of domestic flight that will be travelled for the trip.
- Yoga classes as per Itinerary.
- The overland transport will be held on tourist coach as per the itinerary and size of the group.
- The applicable fee for the Trekking, National Park and Conservation center will be covered.
- We offer you a welcome group dinner in an authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural show.
- The wages, meals, insurance and transport allowance of all trekking staff and porters will be arranged.
- We also can arrange the planning for the place of interest in the city accompanied by the city guide.
- We also have included the comprehensive medical kit and service of guide and porters.
- We also help you to reconfirm your international flight.
Things Excluded in the package
- Pick-up/Drop from/to airport.
- The visa fee you would have to pay for travel, medical insurance and airport tax.
- The meals of your personal interest will not be offered in our expense.
- We would also not provide the personal sleeping bags and bags.
- The charge applied in case of emergency evacuation by any means of transport would not be included.
- The charge for accommodation in Kathamndu in you early arrival before the trip will not be included and also the late departure. Moreover, the early departure from trek will also not included in our expense.
- We also don’t include the cost of international flights.
- The trip doesn’t offer the travel and rescue insurance.
- We also don’t include the phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra poter etc.
- We also don’t offer tips for guides and porters.
Trip cost: 2000 USD per person
Accommodation: 2 or 3 star level
Duration: 13 days
Max altitude: 3710m
Yoga Trek start dates
1st Group: 1st of every Month
2nd group: 15th of every month
Book your Yoga Trek with us
directly E-mail us on email@example.com