Nar Phu Valley Trek
They consist of sacred villages inhabited by the local Gurungs and Tibetan nationals. Located one day apart from one another, Nar and Phu villages was open to foreign nationals only since 2003. A special permit is required for tourists exploring these regions due to unwanted Tibetan influence that has been observed lately. Nar phu trek is a little remote trek in Nepal.
These villages consist of not more than 100 roofs housing about 300 individuals. We pass through some mystical yet amazing villages of Jhunum, Chhyakhu Meta and Kyang during the trek. One will never be left of gorgeous snow-capped mountains view, narrow gorges, nature beauty forest, incredible, glacier, high pass of Kang la 5,200m.
Lhosar, Derchi, Yakchhaare some major festivals celebrated in the region alongside typical food, beverages and cultural norms. Another shocking fact about this region is that as a part of their traditional rituals, the body of deceased individuals are neither cremated nor buried, instead, they feed it to the vultures.
It is pretty much the same in most region of Manang and Mustang A typical trek of Nar Phu Valley along with Manang and Mustang, crossing through Thorong Pass is of 18+ days. However, modifications are made to shorten the days cutting of other portions of the trek.
- Save Now, Travel Later with Unlimited Date Changes
- Amazing Itinerary with all activities included
- Discover Ancient Temples and fascinating culture
- Sleep overnight on Floating Bungalows
- Explore tropical islands and party on the beach!
- Awesome Group Leader
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more youMake your adventure more you - Self join
Enjoy a tour with like minded people - Anyone can join
Travel with your group - Only your circle join
Early morning we start our journey to Besisahar in the bus from the tourist station of Balaju. The trip lasts for 6 hrs. after Besisahar, another jeep trip starts up to Dharapani up in the which lasts for 5 hrs.
Day 02 :
Early in the morning we should start the trek to koto up to the altitude of 2632m. A refreshing trek of 5 hrs takes you to a glimpse of Annapurna.
Day 03 :
The next day, we would start penetrating the hidden valley. The last point would be meta situated at the altitude of 3530m. The foot of Khangru Himal (6981 m).
The first excursion of Phu village, through the Junum. The trek would be a bit tough with 9 hrs long.
Day 05 :
The fifth day of our trek, we will acclimatize to the altitude .and roam around the Phu village and its narrowed culture.
Day 06 :
The challenging day of our journey, the 11 hrs long trek above 4000m. Trek across the rival village Nar and Phu.
Day 07 :
Returning back to the main trail, in the day we would trek up to the Chame (2713 m) via Dharmasala(2800m) .the walking hours may from 9 – 11 hrs.
Day 08 :
The trek starts from Chame to Pisang. The trek lasts for 6 hr up to the altitude of 3800 m.
Day 09 :
The trek from Pisang to the Manang is the toughest one. We reach up to the altitude of 3440 m, which lasts for 8 hrs.
Day 10 :
A rest day at Manang and excursion of the Manang’s diversity.
Day 11 :
The day starts with the views of the southern face of the mountains. on this day we would trek up to yak Kharka (4210 m).
Day 12 :
On this day we should trek up to the highest camp of our trip i:e Thorong high camp(4800m).
Day 13 :
The toughest day of the trek, penetration of throng la pass(5416 m) is of 6 hrs after that up to the Muktinath(3802 m).
Day 14 :
In the morning Muktinath Temple excursion and overnight at Kagbeni (2840m), just a 1 hr walk from the temple.
Day 15 :
The last walking day from Kagbeni to Jomsom (2713m) Is the best chance to explore the natural beauty of upper hills.
Day 16 :
flying from Jomsom to Pokhara (915 m) is the first take off in our journey which lasts for 30 min. Day 19: flight back to the Kathmandu from Pokhara city airport, which takes about 25 minutes.
- We provide you the bed and breakfast. Accommodation will be shared by two people. However, you can book for the single room with extra charge.
- The overland transport will be held on tourist coach as per the itinerary and size of the group.
- The applicable fee for the Trekking, National Park and Conservation center will be covered.
- We offer you a welcome group dinner
- The wages, meals, and transportation of our trekking staff (guide) will be arranged.
- We also have included a comprehensive medical kit and service of guide.
- Pick-up/Drop from/to the airport.
- The visa fee you would have to pay for travel, medical insurance and airport tax.
- The meals of your personal interest will not be offered in our expense.
- We would also not provide personal sleeping bags and bags.
- The charge applied in case of emergency evacuation by any means of transport would not be included.
- The charge for accommodation in Kathamndu in you early arrival before the trip will not be included and also the late departure. Moreover, the early departure from trek will also not included in our expense.
- We also don’t include the cost of international flights.
- The trip doesn’t offer the travel and rescue insurance.
- We also don’t include the phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra poter etc.
- We also don’t offer tips for guides and porters, you can give them yourself if you like to give.
Trek start dates
- 1st Group: 1st of every month
- 2nd group: 15th of every month
Make An Inquiry
Fill the form for more details
Related Tour Packages
Chitwan Jungle safari in Nepal Chitwan is one of the 77 districts of Nepal and one of the top tourism destinations of the country. It is not wrong to say that Chitwan is the capital of the Jungle safari in Nepal. The country in the Himalayas is covered in forest in...
Maha Shivaratri Religious days and festivals are an integral part of every religion. Every religion has a specific day where they celebrate their religion or important event that had happened in their mythology. Some celebrate with ceremonies and rituals while others...
The Risky zone of Himalayas In Nepal For Trekkers Let us talk about the risky zone of Himalayas. In the HKH area, hydroclimatic risks can negatively affect the lives and livelihoods of a vast number of people. Even though climate change is just one of many factors in...
Rani Mahal is the crown jewel of the Palpa district of Nepal. The palace was made by Khadga Samsher Rana in memory of his beloved wife. Rani Mahal is extremely beautiful. The beautiful design of the palace with the taste of the western architecture combined with the...
Nepal is a country that is filled with forests in most of the parts. Except in the high mountains the country has forests all over it. It has various types of forests which people use for various purposes. Forests are the treasure of nature gifted to humans. From...
There are many amazing trekking trails in Nepal. The country has mountainous topography and is filled with mountains and hills in most of its region. The hills and mountains create the best trekking trails which the country is famous for. From east to west the country...