11 Days Khopra Ridge Yoga Trek
The Annapurna region has numerous accolades under its belt and the Khopra ridge is one of them. This trail has only recently come under the limelight but is slowly garnering attention from travelers for being the best place to witness the grandeur of nature. The Khopra ridge trek is an ideal blend of nature, culture, and trekking experience.
During this 11-day ordeal, you will scout the famous Annapurna region. At times, you will be left speechless by the amazing beauty it portrays in the form of lush vegetation, rushing streams, and thriving wildlife. The quiet settlements living in Ghandruk, Bayeli kharka, and Swanta enlighten travelers about the way of life in the high hills. The major landmark of this trek is the Khopra ridge. It provides an unblemished view of the Annapurna mountain range and other faraway peaks. Be the one with nature as you thrive in these quiet parts.
The Khopra ridge trek is the one to take if you value natural awakening along with spiritual upliftment.
Khopra Ridge Yoga Trek Factual Statements
- Terrain type: Hills and mountains
- Location: Lamjung and Kaski
- Difficulty level: moderate
- Time needed: 11 days
- Max Altitude: 3660 meters
- Religions: Hinduism and Buddhism
- Local residents: Gurung, Brahmin, Chhetri
- Transportation: bus and airplane
Highlights of Khopra Ridge Yoga Trek
- Relishing at the sight of the Annapurna mountain ranges
- Observing the intricate pieces of art at the Durbar Squares in Kathmandu
- Traversing along the densely forested trails of the Annapurna region
- Boating in the Fewa Lake
- Exploring the many antiquities of Pokhara
- Dazzling views of the snowy mountains and Kali Gandaki river from the Khopra ridge
Food and Accommodation
The place of residence during the trek will be in lodges and teahouses. If you move into the quieter parts of the trek, you can expect to set up your tent. Luckily for you, there is no need to carry tents as there are settlements in this trail. You will dine on the local Nepali cuisine like dal bhat, dhido, and in some parts roti. The availability of fancy food is very low so you need to carry some.
Day 01: Arrival in the Tribhuvan International Airport (1400 m)
Once you land on the Tribhuvan International airport, you will be greeted by our representative. He will be holding a banner with your name inscribed in it. He will be responsible to drop you to your hotel. Take part in a brief introductory session with the tour guide and manager. Sleep early to restore energy for the happy days that lie ahead. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 02 : Sightseeing tour and trek preparation
With hopes to start the trek on a positive note, we shall visit the fabled UNESCO World Heritage Sites that are located in the Kathmandu valley. We shall visit historical sites like the Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, and Boudhanath. Simultaneously, the company will take care of your permits and legal documents. Spend the evening packing all the necessary items needed for the trek. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Head to Pokhara (by bus or airplane) (850m)
Pokhara is the commencing point of this Khopra ridge trek. To reach there, we have the option of traveling either by bus or by an airplane. The bus will take approximately 7-8 hours whereas the airplane will get you there in 40 minutes. You have the liberty of choosing your method of travel. Upon arrival in Pokhara, get your stuff sorted and enjoy an amorous dinner. Overnight in Pokhara.
Day 04: Drive to Nayapul and trek to Ghandruk(1940m)
Before we ride on a bus to Nayapul, we shall indulge in a morning yoga session. It is done to highlight our performance while trekking. Once it’s sorted, a bus will take us through Kande, Lumle and ultimately to Nayapul. It is the initiating point of many treks in the Annapurna region. Walk along the forested trails by climbing Kimche and steep steps to reach Ghandruk. This village is home to the Gurung people. In the evening, enjoy the meditation session to sharpen your senses. Overnight in Ghandruk.
Day 05: Proceed towards Tadapani (2610m)
The morning yoga sessions can be a bit cumbersome but it is for the greater cause. During the day, you will walk along the uphill tracks that go through forests. You will meet small children and locals residing in these quieter parts. Take a breather at Deurali and proceed towards Tadapani. Squeeze between a narrow pass to reach this quaint settlement. Before dinner, be sure to complete the meditation session. Overnight in Tadapani.
Day 06: Trek to Bayeli Kharka (3420m)
The increased elevations may make the yoga sessions a bit difficult but carry on. You will now walk along with the desolate parts of the Annapurna region from today. The paths are amazingly decorated with rhododendron and small pastures. One can even catch glimpses of the soaring Dhaulagiri and Annapurna mastiff. Bayeli Kharka is pasture and here, you can practice the meditation session too. Overnight in Bayeli Kharka.
Day 07: Trek to Upper Chisthibung (2975m)
Yoga feels better when practiced in the great outdoors. Take advantage of the vast plains of Bayeli Kharka and indulge in yoga there. After breakfast, walk on the grassy terrain which provides glimpses of herders. They herd yak and sheep. Be on the lookout for Danphe and as you meander along the Himalayan trail, you’ll reach Upper Chisthibung. The meditation session would start to get easier from today. Overnight in Upper Chisthibung.
Day 08: Trek to Khopra Ridge (3660m)
Once we complete the morning yoga session, we shall head out to the major landmark of this trek, the Khopra ridge. Walk along the alpine meadows and admire the dazzling view of the Annapurna South. The walk to the ridge can be a bit tiring but persevere. As we proceed ahead, we arrive at the Khopra ridge. From here, the view of Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, and Annapurna South is tantalizing. If possible, do take part in the meditation session. Overnight in Khopra Ridge.
Day 09: Proceed to Swanta village (2200m)
Complete the yoga session and after a delightful breakfast, we shall descend towards Pokhara. Our return trip sees us initially head back to Upper Chisthibung and later, to Swanta village. The trail sees a decrease in elevation so we have to walk downhill for most of the part. The vegetation becomes much greener too. Swanta is a small village inhabited by the Chhetri people. Interact with the locals and finish the meditation session. Overnight in Swanta.
Day 10: Trek to Ulleri and drive to Pokhara (850m)
We shall rapidly make our descent into Pokhara. The journey sees us walk along the densely forested trails that are inhabited by wild creatures. The first stop of the day is Ulleri. We shall buy necessities and have lunch there. Catch a bus that takes you to Pokhara from Ulleri. At Pokhara, we shall celebrate upon completing this trip. But first, we need to complete the meditation. Overnight in Pokhara.
Day 11: Head back to Kathmandu via airplane
Today marks the end of your staggering journey in the Himalayas. Bid farewell to your hotel and get on a flight that leads to Kathmandu. Enjoy the delightful Himalayan views and after having lunch, head back to your home. We hope that your trip was wonderful and we look forward to seeing you again.
Things included in the package
- We provide you the bed and breakfast. Accommodation will be shared by two people. However, you can book for the single room with extra charge.
- We will also bear the cost of domestic flight that will be travelled for the trip.
- Yoga classes as per Itinerary.
- The overland transport will be held on tourist coach as per the itinerary and size of the group.
- The applicable fee for the Trekking, National Park and Conservation center will be covered.
- We offer you a welcome group dinner in an authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural show.
- The wages, meals, insurance and transport allowance of all trekking staff and porters will be arranged.
- We also can arrange the planning for the place of interest in the city accompanied by the city guide.
- We also have included the comprehensive medical kit and service of guide and porters.
- We also help you to reconfirm your international flight.
Things Excluded in the package
- Pick-up/Drop from/to airport.
- The visa fee you would have to pay for travel, medical insurance and airport tax.
- The meals of your personal interest will not be offered in our expense.
- We would also not provide the personal sleeping bags and bags.
- The charge applied in case of emergency evacuation by any means of transport would not be included.
- The charge for accommodation in Kathamndu in you early arrival before the trip will not be included and also the late departure. Moreover, the early departure from trek will also not included in our expense.
- We also don’t include the cost of international flights.
- The trip doesn’t offer the travel and rescue insurance.
- We also don’t include the phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra poter etc.
- We also don’t offer tips for guides and porters.
Trip cost: 1500 USD per person
Accommodation: 2 or 3 star level
Duration: 11 days
Max altitude: 3660m
Trek start dates
1st Group: 1st of every Month
2nd group: 15th of every month
Book your Yoga Trek with us
directly E-mail us on email@example.com