4 Days cultural tour to Kathmandu
Kathmandu valley is full of magical and cultural landmarks and in this 4 days cultural tour to Kathmandu, we shall explore its mysteries. Find yourself in the vicinity of the serene Swoyambhunath stupa and learn the secrets of how Kathmandu is what it is today by visiting the Kathmandu Durbar square. Correspondingly, find out about the meaning of true Malla architecture by visiting the Patan Durbar Square. This tour shall provide you with a thorough idea about life and culture in this busy metropolis.
This 4 days cultural tour to Kathmandu shall teach you a thing or two about life in Kathmandu. It shall give you an idea about how different life is here than the one you have read or heard. The capital comprises people from all parts of the country and here, you can see the harmony between people of different ethnicities.
Altogether, this cultural tour shall fill you with a sense of accomplishment and serenity. The sound of bells and the smell of incense provide an spiritual affect too. You can apply the findings of this tour in your daily life as well.
During these 4 days cultural tour to Kathmandu, you will reside on hotels. There are plentiful hotels in Kathmandu that range from simple lodges to 5 stars. Food is not a problem here as you can dine wither in the hotel or choose to dine at the various restaurants the city has. Cost depends on What kind of hotel you want to stay and whether you want to include foods or manage yourself.
- Praying in the silent premises of the Changunarayan temple
- Exploring the cultural enigma of the Bhaktapur Durbar Square
- Circumambulating the Boudhanath stupa and spinning its prayer wheels
- Dodging monkeys on the climb to the Swoyambhunath stupa and witnessing the glorious view of the valley
- Shopping at the artifacts shops in the Patan Durbar Square
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more youMake your adventure more you - Self join
Enjoy a tour with like minded people - Anyone can join
Travel with your group - Only your circle join
Day 01: Arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport.
Initially, you will arrive at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu. Our staff will be present at the arrival section of the airport and he will transfer you to your hotel in Thamel. Along the way, he will explain to you about the contents of the trip. You have the option of either starting the cultural tour from today or from the next day. As the timing of the flight is contingent, we recommend you to do it the next day. Spend the remaining day at the hotel and interact with the staff and guides. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Visit the Bhaktapur Durbar Square and Changunarayan temple
The Kathmandu valley is filled with numerous UNESCO World Heritage Sites. We shall start the day by visiting the famous Bhaktapur Durbar Square. You will travel in a private vehicle and after a 40-minute drive, we arrive at the Durbar square.
Bhaktapur Durbar Square
The Bhaktapur Durbar Square dates back to 1700 AD and it served as an abode to the Malla kings. The Malla dynasty had a reputation for building magnificent architectural showpieces. Likewise, Durbar Square is a combination of fantastic shikara and pagoda designed temples. The architectural phenomenon of the Bhaktapur Durbar Square includes the Nyatapola temple, the 55-windowed palace, and the delightful Golden Gate. Bask in the glory of Durbar Square to comprehend its cultural being.
From the durbar square, we shall make our way to the Changunarayan temple. This temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is often labeled as the oldest temple in Nepal. the temple is built in pagoda style and has a rich history associated with it. Travelers can expect to see interesting things like statues and the architecture which prevailed in the past. If you travel at the correct time then you can witness the Changunaryan Jatra. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 03: of Cultural tour to Kathmandu- Visit Swoyambhunath and Boudhanath
An equally important part of this 4 days cultural tour to Kathmandu is to gain spiritual enlightenment. We shall embark on this journey today by visiting Swoyambhunath and Boudhanath stupa.
The Swoyambhunath stupa resides on top of a small hill in the Kathmandu valley. Like the Bhaktapur Durbar square, it is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is an important pilgrim hub for Buddhists. The stupa is draped in yellowish-white and has a golden spire on the summit with prayer flags attached to them. In addition, you can find the Shikhar style of buildings too. There are a lot of monkeys here so be careful!
The Boudhanath stupa is counted amongst the largest stupas in South Asia. Many believe, that it is the crucial hub for Tibetan Buddhism. The stupa sits on the ancient route of trade between Nepal and Tibet. There are many myths associated with the origin of this stupa. In recent years, this stupa has become a great hub to hang out, relax, and experience tranquility. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 04: Visit the Kathmandu Durbar Square and Patan Durbar Square
On Day 4th of Cultural tour to Kathmandu We shall embark on a quest to learn about the culture and history of the Kathmandu valley by visiting the famed durbar squares of Kathmandu.
Kathmandu Durbar Square
The Kathmandu Durbar Square has an important spot in the history of Nepal. It was the abode of the royal Nepalese till the 19th century. The founders of this Durbar Square were the Malla kings yet further additions were made by the Shah kings. The Hanuman Dhoka Palace complex, Taleju temple, and the Kaal Bhairav statue are some of the crucial parts of this Durbar Square.
Patan Durbar Square
A quick drive from Kathmandu takes us to the Patan Durbar Square. This durbar square is considered to be an architectural masterpiece as it consists of numerous temples. The Krishna Mandir is the gem of Patan Durbar Square. Along with it, we have the Bhimsen temple and the Golden temple. There are plenty of small gulleys and chowks that make this Durbar square everyone’s favorite.
- We provide you the bed and breakfast. Accommodation will be shared by two people. However, you can book for the single room with extra charge.
- The overland transport will be held on tourist coach as per the itinerary and size of the group.
- The applicable fee for the Trekking, National Park and Conservation center will be covered.
- We offer you a welcome group dinner
- The wages, meals, and transportation of our trekking staff (guide) will be arranged.
- We also have included a comprehensive medical kit and service of guide.
- Pick-up/Drop from/to the airport.
- The visa fee you would have to pay for travel, medical insurance and airport tax.
- The meals of your personal interest will not be offered in our expense.
- We would also not provide personal sleeping bags and bags.
- The charge applied in case of emergency evacuation by any means of transport would not be included.
- The charge for accommodation in Kathamndu in you early arrival before the trip will not be included and also the late departure. Moreover, the early departure from trek will also not included in our expense.
- We also don’t include the cost of international flights.
- The trip doesn’t offer the travel and rescue insurance.
- We also don’t include the phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra poter etc.
- We also don’t offer tips for guides and porters, you can give them yourself if you like to give.
Cultural Tour start dates
- Terrain type: Hills
- Location: Kathmandu valley
- Difficulty level: easy
- Time needed: 4 day
- Max Altitude: 1400 meters
- Religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, Muslim
- Local residents: Brahmin, Newar, Sherpa, Chhetri, Tamang
4.9 Star Out of 5
“Amzing experience of cultural tour around kathmandu valley”
Make An Inquiry
Fill the form for more details
Related Tour Packages
High altitude trekking is one of the most amazing forms of trekking. The trekking takes trekkers to an altitude that is very high from the sea level. In such altitudes, there are very rarely human settlements and pristine nature can be experienced which is hardly...
Altitude sickness is a common problem while going trekking. Also, sometimes altitude sickness can get severe, and people also may lose their life, it has happened many times. However, the question is how to avoid altitude sickness during trekking? If there is a...
Trekking is an amazing outdoor activity. It gives much-needed time in nature and an amazing break from the day-to-day hectic schedule. There are many places in each country that are best suited for trekking. The Himalayas are the place that is not considered as the...
There is a unique country that is located between India and China. Many people may know about the country and many may not. However, the country is incredibly unique in many aspects which is worth knowing. The name of that amazing country is Nepal and Nepal is...
Nepal is a beautiful country with lots of beautiful landmarks and places. The country located in the Himalayas is famous for its mesmerizing destinations and locations. Nepal is a small country that is located between the big countries India and China. The country is...
Nepal is the land of culture and religion, there is no doubt. The country is not big if compared its area to some of the land giants surrounding it like India and China. However, Nepal despite its size is rich in many things. Natural beauty, culture, and religious...